Town set to shine this Christmas
IPSWICH looks set to be the "star of the east" this Christmas as the campaign to make Ipswich the place to be over the festive season kicks off today.Ipswich Partnership, which represents town centre interests, is this year launching IpswiChristmas.
IPSWICH looks set to be the "star of the east" this Christmas as the campaign to make Ipswich the place to be over the festive season kicks off today.
Ipswich Partnership, which represents town centre interests, is this year launching IpswiChristmas.
It is hoped that this promotion, sponsored by Park and Ride and backed by The Evening Star, will attract more people into the town before and during Christmas.
Emblazoned with the "star of the east" strapline, IpswiChristmas will emphasise all that is great about Ipswich – and will be connected with many special offers, events and retail and leisure opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Clement, head of Ipswich Partnership, said: "This is the first time Ipswich has been promoted in a coordinated and collective way.
"It will generate more visitors to the town, create a more lively festive atmosphere, raise awareness of everything that is happening during this period and, of course, increase trade in the town centre.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
"This brand is for everyone to use, share and promote."
Neil Roberts of Debenhams agrees that this campaign will be good for Ipswich.
He said: "Ipswich Partnership has come up with a new approach which all of us retailers think will really work. Ipswich is going to be the place to be this Christmas!"
Councillor Julian Swainson, the portfolio holder for sustainable Suffolk, said: "This initiative is a win-win for many – visitors and tourists, local shoppers and occupiers, anyone who lives within an hour's drive of Ipswich and the retailers.
"We anticipate Park and Ride being extremely busy during December, shortly after Suffolk County Council opens the third site at Martlesham."