Town set to shine this Christmas
IPSWICH looks set to be the "star of the east" this Christmas as the campaign to make Ipswich the place to be over the festive season kicks off today.Ipswich Partnership, which represents town centre interests, is this year launching IpswiChristmas.
IPSWICH looks set to be the "star of the east" this Christmas as the campaign to make Ipswich the place to be over the festive season kicks off today.
Ipswich Partnership, which represents town centre interests, is this year launching IpswiChristmas.
It is hoped that this promotion, sponsored by Park and Ride and backed by The Evening Star, will attract more people into the town before and during Christmas.
Emblazoned with the "star of the east" strapline, IpswiChristmas will emphasise all that is great about Ipswich – and will be connected with many special offers, events and retail and leisure opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Clement, head of Ipswich Partnership, said: "This is the first time Ipswich has been promoted in a coordinated and collective way.
"It will generate more visitors to the town, create a more lively festive atmosphere, raise awareness of everything that is happening during this period and, of course, increase trade in the town centre.
- 1 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 2 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
- 3 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 4 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 5 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
- 6 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 7 'I couldn't stop smiling': Kesgrave Kitchen named best Ipswich café
- 8 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 9 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 10 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
"This brand is for everyone to use, share and promote."
Neil Roberts of Debenhams agrees that this campaign will be good for Ipswich.
He said: "Ipswich Partnership has come up with a new approach which all of us retailers think will really work. Ipswich is going to be the place to be this Christmas!"
Councillor Julian Swainson, the portfolio holder for sustainable Suffolk, said: "This initiative is a win-win for many – visitors and tourists, local shoppers and occupiers, anyone who lives within an hour's drive of Ipswich and the retailers.
"We anticipate Park and Ride being extremely busy during December, shortly after Suffolk County Council opens the third site at Martlesham."