Town star raises £4,000 for hospice
IPSWICH Town star David Wright has raised nearly £4,000 for the region's ill youngsters and their families.The defender collected sporting memorabilia to auction in aid of the East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH).
IPSWICH Town star David Wright has raised nearly £4,000 for the region's ill youngsters and their families.
The defender collected sporting memorabilia to auction in aid of the East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH).
Wright said: “I visited the children's hospice in Ipswich last Christmas and immediately knew that I wanted to use the collection of memorabilia that I have accumulated to help raise funds for them.
“The Club kindly agreed that I could use the golf day and end of season dinner to hold auctions and we managed to raise almost £4,000.”
Wright handed the cheque to Fran Theobold, from Colchester, whose nine-year-old daughter Tianna met the right-back at Christmas and who died earlier this year.
Her 11-year-old son, Jay, is also terminally ill and uses the centre in Walker Close, Ipswich.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 3 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 4 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 5 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 6 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 7 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 8 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 9 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
- 10 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
She said: “It's a complete necessity for families such as ours because it enables us all to function. There is great empathy and support and we couldn't be without them.
If you would like to support EACH this year, take part in Ride for Life - the charity's annual sponsored cycle rides and walks in Rendlesham Forest on Sunday June 15.
For more information call 01953 715559 or visit www.each.org.uk/rideforlife .