Town star raises £4,000 for hospice
IPSWICH Town star David Wright has raised nearly £4,000 for the region's ill youngsters and their families.The defender collected sporting memorabilia to auction in aid of the East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH).
IPSWICH Town star David Wright has raised nearly £4,000 for the region's ill youngsters and their families.
The defender collected sporting memorabilia to auction in aid of the East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH).
Wright said: “I visited the children's hospice in Ipswich last Christmas and immediately knew that I wanted to use the collection of memorabilia that I have accumulated to help raise funds for them.
“The Club kindly agreed that I could use the golf day and end of season dinner to hold auctions and we managed to raise almost £4,000.”
You may also want to watch:
Wright handed the cheque to Fran Theobold, from Colchester, whose nine-year-old daughter Tianna met the right-back at Christmas and who died earlier this year.
Her 11-year-old son, Jay, is also terminally ill and uses the centre in Walker Close, Ipswich.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
She said: “It's a complete necessity for families such as ours because it enables us all to function. There is great empathy and support and we couldn't be without them.
If you would like to support EACH this year, take part in Ride for Life - the charity's annual sponsored cycle rides and walks in Rendlesham Forest on Sunday June 15.
For more information call 01953 715559 or visit www.each.org.uk/rideforlife .