Trafalgar Day to be marked in Woodbridge
TRAFALGAR Day will be marked by sounds like gunfire in Woodbridge - by youngsters drumming for a new CD.Children will compose, rehearse and then play a piece of music based on the events of the famous battle.
TRAFALGAR Day will be marked by sounds like gunfire in Woodbridge - by youngsters drumming for a new CD.
Children will compose, rehearse and then play a piece of music based on the events of the famous battle.
Ian Heywood, a musician, composer and arranger, who is a seasoned leader of musical events for children, will lead two special workshops.
“There will no doubt be lots of work for the drums in imitating the sound of the big guns, but the composition will reflect the pathos and tragedy of the battle, as well as its excitement,” he said.
The event, sponsored by The Galley Restaurant, takes place on Saturday October 22 in the Shire Hall on the town's Market Hill, with a session for 13-year-olds and above from 10am to 12.30pm, and one for ten to 12s from 2pm to 4.30pm.
Youngsters are invited to bring their own instruments, but a selection will be provided - including drums - for children who don't have their own.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 8 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
Places are free and numbers for each workshop are limited to 15, so parents should book early by telephoning Woodbridge town centre co-ordinator Marion Wells on 0783 015 8780.