Traffic chaos on A12
MOTORISTS faced major delays on the A12 today after a car and a lorry collided near Capel St Mary.The incident happened on the London bound carriageway at about 12.
MOTORISTS faced major delays on the A12 today after a car and a lorry collided near Capel St Mary.
The incident happened on the London bound carriageway at about 12.30pm leaving the road blocked for at least two hours.
Traffic queued to the Copdock Interchange as motorists were diverted on to the off slip road before Capel and then back onto the A12 via the on slip road.
Two women suffered non life-threatening injuries and were taken to Ipswich Hospital.
The incident involved a green Toyota Yaris and an articulated lorry.
The driver of the lorry was uninjured in the collision.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
The saloon car is thought to have rolled four or five times before hitting a barrier at the side of the road.
Fire crews from Hadleigh and Ipswich worked to cut two women from the vehicle who were then taken to hospital.
Two ambulances and the air ambulance were in attendance.
Acting Sergeant Darren Sargent said: "There were two casualties, both female.
"They had non life threatening injuries.
"Fire crews were needed to extract the casualties from the car.
"We believe the car has rolled following an impact and are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to contact us."
Anyone with information about the accident should call Sgt Sargent at Suffolk police on 01473 613500.