Two sets of traffic lights out at Duke Street/Fore Hamlet junction in Ipswich
Drivers are being held up at a busy town centre junction this evening.
Two sets of traffic lights are out – the first at the crossing nearest to the University of Suffolk question mark, and the second at Fore Hamlet’s junction with Duke Street.
Highways chiefs said engineers are on route to fix them as soon as possible.
But witnesses have reported queues in the area as motorists attempt to navigate the junction without working traffic lights.
A Suffolk County Council spokeswoman said: “The issue has been reported and engineers are on their way to fix the problem as soon as possible.
“At the moment we believe there are two sets that are broken and our engineers will try our best to get them sorted as quickly as they can.”
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 9 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 10 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant