5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks will be ongoing throughout Suffolk this week, with diversions in place to take motorists to their destinations.
Here's five to avoid if you want a smoother journey.
Belstead Road, Ipswich
Belstead Road near St Joseph's College will be closed this week for Suffolk County Council works.
The works are taking place between the two junctions with Stoke Park Drive.
The southbound carriageway of the A12 just outside of Woodbridge is closed on Monday evening from 7.30pm to 9pm.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 4 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 6 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 7 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 8 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 9 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
Motorists can avoid the works by travelling through the town.
Goring Road, Ipswich
Cadent gas works mean Goring Road, off a busy roundabout in Spring Road, will be closed until January 24.
Drivers can get around by using the nearby Britannia Road.
Barton Hill, Bury St Edmunds
A new footpath is being constructed along Barton Hill in Bury St Edmunds, with the road off the A134 set to closed until April.
Several motorists have already expressed their frustrations over the delays the works are causing.
Market Hill, Sudbury
Market Hill will be closed until Wednesday with a diversion route put in place along King Street.
The closure will be enforced outside the St Peter's venue, at the start of the one-way street.