Police close A1071 after serious accident near Hintlesham
- Credit: Staff
Police have closed the A1071 between Hintlesham and Hadleigh following a "serious" traffic accident involving a motorcycle and three cars.
Officers from Suffolk police were called to the scene of the crash, near Hintlesham Hall, shortly after 5.35pm alongside the ambulance service.
The crash was initially understood to have involved a motorcycle and a car, although a spokeswoman for Suffolk police has since said four vehicles were involved.
The spokeswoman described the crash as "serious" and confirmed the road will remain closed while enquiries take place.
No information regarding injuries has been confirmed.
Witnesses are asked to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 288 of March 29.
- 1 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 2 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 3 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 6 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 7 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 8 'Blue sky thinking' needed to turn Suffolk fortress into tourist attraction
- 9 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 10 Mum welcomes rainbow baby Theo after heartbreak of losing first son