Police close A14 after 'serious' accident
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have closed a stretch of the westbound A14 between Stowmarket and Needham Market following a serious crash.
Officers from Suffolk police and Highways England are currently at the scene of the crash, which has forced the closure of the carriageway between junctions 51 and 50.
It is understood the crash involved a lorry and a car just before 5am Friday, April 2.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed the accident is "serious", but was unable to provide any further information at this time.
A tweet from Highways England said the closure is expected to last several hours.
Traffic is being diverted through Great Blakenham and Needham Market.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business