Police close A14 after 'serious' accident
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have closed a stretch of the westbound A14 between Stowmarket and Needham Market following a serious crash.
Officers from Suffolk police and Highways England are currently at the scene of the crash, which has forced the closure of the carriageway between junctions 51 and 50.
It is understood the crash involved a lorry and a car just before 5am Friday, April 2.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed the accident is "serious", but was unable to provide any further information at this time.
A tweet from Highways England said the closure is expected to last several hours.
Traffic is being diverted through Great Blakenham and Needham Market.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 8 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car