Police close A14 after 'serious' accident
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have closed a stretch of the westbound A14 between Stowmarket and Needham Market following a serious crash.
Officers from Suffolk police and Highways England are currently at the scene of the crash, which has forced the closure of the carriageway between junctions 51 and 50.
It is understood the crash involved a lorry and a car just before 5am Friday, April 2.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed the accident is "serious", but was unable to provide any further information at this time.
A tweet from Highways England said the closure is expected to last several hours.
Traffic is being diverted through Great Blakenham and Needham Market.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 4 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 5 Man facing prison after pleading guilty to string of sex offences
- 6 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 7 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 8 Five fire crews respond to reports of someone trapped in mud
- 9 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 10 Man and woman accused of sexual offences to face trial