A14 resurfacing works part of £26million scheme for smoother journeys
- Credit: Highways England
It has been revealed that work to resurface the A14 at Levington was part of a huge effort to improve roads in the run up to Christmas.
Highways England invested more than £26million into maintaining and resurfacing roads in the East of England between September and December 2020.
The company resurfaced 76 miles of road in the region, including the A14 eastbound at junction 60 by Levington resurfacing 6.8 lane miles.
Overnight closures were in place on weeknights for the past five months between 9pm and 5am, finishing on Friday, January 22.
Martin Fellows, Highways England regional director, said: “Hundreds of thousands of drivers use our roads every day for work journeys, home deliveries and the movement of the goods and services, so it’s essential we keep them in a good condition to ensure safety and reliability.
You may also want to watch:
“This multi-million-pound investment has helped to improve the region’s roads, but we won’t stop there.
"Over the coming months we’ll continue to work hard to ensure drivers throughout the east enjoy a smoother experience while travelling on our roads.”
- 1 Children's party reported at Needham Lake as council works to 'discourage gatherings' at beauty spot
- 2 Ipswich Town appoint Paul Cook as manager
- 3 Sentence of Ipswich man caught with indecent images is adjourned
- 4 Rise in Ipswich coronavirus cases 'a wake up call'
- 5 Popular Woodbridge restaurant set to close
- 6 Vehicle slapped with 121 parking tickets as council steps up clamping
- 7 CCTV appeal after woman headbutted in convenience shop
- 8 Your chance to pay tribute to the ones we've loved and lost
- 9 Why these high schools are staggering pupils' return next week
- 10 Matchday Recap: Wilson and Norwood win it for Town
The £26million package of improvements is part of the £114million being invested in maintaining, improving and extending the lifespan of motorways and major A-roads in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.