Oil tanker gets stuck in ditch and blocks road in Badingham
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Icy conditions are continuing to cause disruption on Suffolk's roads, with an oil tanker crashing into a ditch in Badingham.
Suffolk police were called shortly after 10am to the oil tanker in a ditch in Mill Road, Badingham.
Officers said the road is not completely blocked, but it is likely to be closed when recovery arrives.
A gas lorry also overturned in Cretingham earlier this morning, causing a full closure of Swan Lane.
The vehicle is still awaiting recovery and drivers are being urged to avoid the area.
The road is closed in both directions and an officer at the scene described the conditions as "atrocious".
No injuries have been reported but recovery is not expected to arrive for some time.
- 1 'Arrogant' man bullied woman into sending intimate photos
- 2 New businesses set for former Ipswich sugar beet site
- 3 Police 'extremely concerned' for missing Ipswich woman Sarah Field
- 4 County lines drug dealer is jailed for eight years
- 5 Ipswich man denies rape of a child and will face trial
- 6 Police urge public to stick to the rules this weekend before first changes next week
- 7 Man dies following collision on A12
- 8 Filming for new TV detective thriller to take place in Suffolk
- 9 Full list: Wetherspoon beer gardens open in Suffolk on April 12
- 10 Clearing pigeon mess vital to Ipswich Waterfront rebirth