Driver fails drugs test after swerving to avoid cat and crashing
- Credit: Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team
A driver has failed a drugs test after smashing into a parked car while swerving to avoid a cat.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Teams tweeted about the incident which happened overnight in Botesdale, just off the A143.
They reported that the driver swerved out of the way of a cat which was in the road before slamming into a car parked on the side of the street.
The driver was stopped and later failed a drug wipe. He was arrested at the scene.
A picture tweeted alongside the message showed a purple Nissan Micra with significant damage to the rear, lodged in a grass verge.
You may also want to watch:
A silver hatchback could be seen across the road with damage to the front.
Officers assisted with the removal of the vehicle before reopening the road.
- 1 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 2 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 3 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 4 New bid for supermarket on Anglia Retail Park could be submitted
- 5 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 6 Pensioner 'could not help himself' viewing indecent images of children
- 7 Former Ipswich nightclub to become Network Rail base
- 8 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 9 £40,000 of cash and large amount of cocaine seized in Ipswich
- 10 Global property firm acquires huge new Suffolk logistics site
They confirmed that the cat involved in the incident was not believed to be harmed.