Emergency closure of A140 due to burst water main
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
The A140 is partially closed in both directions due to a burst water main in Thwaite.
The closure is in place from The Walnut Tree pub to The Street and is needed to allow for emergency repairs to take place.
According to Essex and Suffolk Water the closure is likely to be in place until Thursday, January 7, to allow for repairs.
A spokesperson said: “Our teams are currently on site repairing a six inch burst water main in Thwaite, Suffolk.
"We were first made aware of the burst this morning, customers may have experienced a short period of no water but supply was fully restored before midday.
“We are working in partnership with the local authorities who have provided a temporary closure of the A140 to enable safe working for our team completing the repair. The road closure is expected to be in place until Thursday evening.
“We’d like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to those in the affected area and thank them for their patience and understanding while we work as quickly as possible to return things back to normal.”
- 1 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 2 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 3 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 4 New bid for supermarket on Anglia Retail Park could be submitted
- 5 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 6 Pensioner 'could not help himself' viewing indecent images of children
- 7 Former Ipswich nightclub to become Network Rail base
- 8 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 9 £40,000 of cash and large amount of cocaine seized in Ipswich
- 10 Global property firm acquires huge new Suffolk logistics site
Drivers have reported a build-up of traffic in the area, with queues building towards Eye.