Car flips onto roof on A14 near Ipswich in early hours of morning
The driver of a car which flipped onto its roof on the A14 in the early hours of this morning has escaped with minor injuries.
Three fire engines, an ambulance and police were called to reports of an overturned vehicle on the westbound carriageway of the A14, near the Anglia Retail Park.
Police received the call shortly after 3am this morning and found a vehicle which had overturned on the embankment, near to the exit for the A1156.
Fire and ambulance crews were also called to the scene of the single-vehicle crash, assisting police to make the scene safe and check over the driver.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the driver sustained minor injuries only and recovery for the vehicle was completed by around 5.30am.
Three fire engines, one from Ipswich East and two from Princes Street, attended the incident.
A spokesman said: "Three appliances were mobilised and upon arrival found a vehicle on its roof with no persons trapped.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 5 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 9 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 10 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich
"Fire service assisted police in making the scene safe."