Gas lorry overturns in icy conditions forcing Suffolk road closure
- Credit: NSRAPT
The main road through the village of Cretingham has been closed after a lorry overturned in the snow.
Officers were called at 8.50am to reports of an overturned heavy goods vehicle in Swan Lane, Cretingham, near Manor Farm Barn.
The road has since been closed in both directions and an officer at the scene described the conditions as "atrocious".
No injuries have been reported but recovery is not expected to arrive for around an hour.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area if possible and only make essential journeys.
Suffolk police has been called to a number of incidents on the road this morning as the snow showers brought by Storm Darcy continue to make conditions difficult.
You may also want to watch:
The A1071 at Hintlesham was closed briefly following a two-vehicle collision, along with a stretch of the A12 on-slip at East Bergholt.
A van is also waiting to be recovered in Stowupland, after crashing into a hedge near the Tesco roundabout.
- 1 'Arrogant' man bullied woman into sending intimate photos
- 2 New businesses set for former Ipswich sugar beet site
- 3 Police 'extremely concerned' for missing Ipswich woman Sarah Field
- 4 County lines drug dealer is jailed for eight years
- 5 Ipswich man denies rape of a child and will face trial
- 6 Police urge public to stick to the rules this weekend before first changes next week
- 7 Man dies following collision on A12
- 8 Full list: Wetherspoon beer gardens open in Suffolk on April 12
- 9 Heartbreak for owners as puppy Storm loses battle for life
- 10 Filming for new TV detective thriller to take place in Suffolk