Overturned car blocks Ipswich road
- Credit: Submitted
A driver was taken to hospital for checks after their car overturned and landed on its roof in the middle of an Ipswich street.
Radcliffe Drive, in the Chantry area of Ipswich, was blocked following the crash, which happened at about 3pm on Monday.
Police were called to reports of an overturned silver Audi A5.
Upon arrival, the occupants of the car were free from the wreckage, and it appeared no-one had suffered any serious injury.
However, the driver of the car was taken to hospital for a check-up.
Suffolk Highways was called to be made aware of damage to the road surface, upon which oil had also leaked.
Police said recovery of the vehicle was also arranged.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal