Overturned car blocks Ipswich road
- Credit: Submitted
A driver was taken to hospital for checks after their car overturned and landed on its roof in the middle of an Ipswich street.
Radcliffe Drive, in the Chantry area of Ipswich, was blocked following the crash, which happened at about 3pm on Monday.
Police were called to reports of an overturned silver Audi A5.
Upon arrival, the occupants of the car were free from the wreckage, and it appeared no-one had suffered any serious injury.
However, the driver of the car was taken to hospital for a check-up.
Suffolk Highways was called to be made aware of damage to the road surface, upon which oil had also leaked.
Police said recovery of the vehicle was also arranged.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 6 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 7 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Further snow possible this weekend as weather warning issued
- 10 Suspected drug dealer charged after police seize £2,000 from car