Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- Credit: citizenside.com/Mick Webb
A person in distress on the Orwell Bridge is now safe and the road block has been removed.
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said the female was off the bridge and had been left in the care of friends.
There had been a rolling road block on the eastbound carriageway of the Orwell Bridge as police tried to help the person who was upset.
The road block caused standstill traffic.
The police spokesperson said they had received a report of a person on the bridge being upset and tried to locate them.
- If you need help and support, call Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust’s First Response helpline 0808 196 3494 or the Samaritans on 116 123.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 7 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere