5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to watch out for this week
Roadworks are taking place across Suffolk this week - here's seven projects that could cause motorists delays.
Felixstowe Road, Ipswich
Traffic lights have been set up in Felixstowe Road, at the top of Bishops Hill, as roadworks are taking place in Nacton Road.
The works have been going on for more than a month and are expected to last until the end of the week.
Bury Street, Stowmarket
You may also want to watch:
Cadent works have closed the Stowmarket town centre street until the end of the week.
Traffic is still able to pass on the B1115 Tavern Street, one of the main roads leading into the town.
- 1 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 2 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 3 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 4 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 Town centre delays following accident
- 7 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 8 Rail services disrupted for 4 hours as line blocked near Ipswich
- 9 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
Westerfield Road, Ipswich
A diversion route has been put in place as work is carried out at the junction with Manor Road, near Christchurch Park.
Motorists are being directed around the works through Constable Road.
Western Way, Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk County Council works in Western Way, near Abbeygate Sixth Form College, are expected to continue until near Christmas.
Drivers are still able to pass through the busy road as traffic lights have been set up.
Stone Lodge Lane, Ipswich
CityFibre has completely closed Stone Lodge Lane near St Joseph's College until the end of Tuesday.
The diversion will take motorists through Birkfield Drive, Cambridge Drive and Belstead Road.