Train delays after bridge crash
RAIL commuters suffered rush hour delays after a car crashed into a bridge in Bury St Edmunds.Eleven services between Ipswich and Peterborough and Ipswich and Cambridge were disrupted by yesterday's crash.
By Georgina James
RAIL commuters suffered rush hour delays after a car crashed into a bridge in Bury St Edmunds.
Eleven services between Ipswich and Peterborough and Ipswich and Cambridge were disrupted by yesterday's crash.
Delays were caused while maintenance engineers checked the structure of the bridge following the accident in Orwell Road at 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
In total, six services were terminated before reaching their destination, one service was cancelled and four trains were delayed.
Passengers on trains which could not complete their journey, were stopped at Bury St Edmunds and were taken by road for the remainder of their journey.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
A spokesman for Anglia Railways said: "Eleven trains in total were disrupted by yesterday's crash and unfortunately this was during our busiest part of the day."