Trains return to normal after signalling fault at Woodbridge
- Credit: Archant � 2012
A signalling problem at Woodbridge which caused delays and cancellations to services between Ipswich and Lowestoft, has been fixed, with services returning to normal.
The fault affected services between Ipswich and Lowestoft, via Saxmundham and Beccles, which were delayed by around 15 minutes.
A rail replacement bus service was also operating between Ipswich and Halesworth in both directions.
Abellio Greater Anglia had initially warned that disruption was expected until 10am, however an updated time of 3pm was given.
The 9.17am Ipswich to Lowestoft service was cancelled as a result. The 11.07am service from Lowestoft to Ipswich, 12.17am Ipswich to Lowestoft and 2.07pm Lowestoft to Ipswich were also cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
The issue was also causing some delays to motorists in the area as the level crossing at Tide Mill Way was stuck in the down position. This has since been rectified.
One motorist has reported traffic queuing into Quayside and Lime Kiln Quay Way.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 10 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
The first train to be affected by the delays was the 7.27am service from Lowestoft to Ipswich.
To check your journey before you travel, visit www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/