Trains return to normal after signalling fault at Woodbridge
- Credit: Archant � 2012
A signalling problem at Woodbridge which caused delays and cancellations to services between Ipswich and Lowestoft, has been fixed, with services returning to normal.
The fault affected services between Ipswich and Lowestoft, via Saxmundham and Beccles, which were delayed by around 15 minutes.
A rail replacement bus service was also operating between Ipswich and Halesworth in both directions.
Abellio Greater Anglia had initially warned that disruption was expected until 10am, however an updated time of 3pm was given.
The 9.17am Ipswich to Lowestoft service was cancelled as a result. The 11.07am service from Lowestoft to Ipswich, 12.17am Ipswich to Lowestoft and 2.07pm Lowestoft to Ipswich were also cancelled.
The issue was also causing some delays to motorists in the area as the level crossing at Tide Mill Way was stuck in the down position. This has since been rectified.
One motorist has reported traffic queuing into Quayside and Lime Kiln Quay Way.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 8 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 9 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 10 Men charged with heroin and crack cocaine offences in Ipswich
The first train to be affected by the delays was the 7.27am service from Lowestoft to Ipswich.
To check your journey before you travel, visit www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/