Transports of joy of yesteryear
PAST days of steam and horsepower will be brought to life this weekend on a canter back into yesteryear.There will also be some tanks for the memories, as well!Thousands are expected to attend one of East Anglia's biggest and most spectacular events at Wantisden Valley, near Butley - the annual Power of the Past Country Fair.
PAST days of steam and horsepower will be brought to life this weekend on a canter back into yesteryear.
There will also be some tanks for the memories, as well!
Thousands are expected to attend one of East Anglia's biggest and most spectacular events at Wantisden Valley, near Butley - the annual Power of the Past Country Fair.
Working steam engines heavy horses and vehicles such as trialling motorcycles and vintage tractors will provide a great day out.
The event is the only fully working power rally in the south east of England set in the heart of the Suffolk countryside.
In the past the fair has attracted about 12,000 visitors a year, and it raised just under £26,000 for local charities over two years.
- 1 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 2 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 3 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 6 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 7 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 8 Ipswich MP renews support for food van fighting council's plans
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
All the machines will be in action such as vintage wheeled and crawler tractors, ploughing and cultivating, or various steam engines threshing ploughing and rack sawing.
The rally aims to show power used in agriculture from the past and there will be a heavy horse displays illustrating the traditional methods of ploughing.
There will also be a wide range of military vehicles including a tank and vintage motorcycles.
Old country skills will be included.
Visitors are advised to take the B1084 from Woodbridge to Butley and follow the signs or the B1078 from Wickham Market to Tunstall and follow the signs.