Trebles all round in birthday share
MUM, Dad…and the baby makes three – it's trebles all round as an entire Ipswich family celebrate their birthday on the SAME day!Husband and wife Robert and Beverley Clarke both celebrate their birthdays on August 3 - and now their first child has been born on that day.
By Victoria Knowles
MUM, Dad…and the baby makes three – it's trebles all round as an entire Ipswich family celebrate their birthday on the SAME day!
Husband and wife Robert and Beverley Clarke both celebrate their birthdays on August 3 - and now their first child has been born on that day.
It was also a special day as the couple got engaged that day too.
You may also want to watch:
People already double up on their birthday cards but now the Clarkes can make it a real treble.
"We already get joint birthday cards so now they will be three-way," laughed Beverley.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 10 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
When Beverley was given her due date for the birth of baby Ryan it was more than two weeks after August 3 but it seems Ryan was determined not to be left out of the party.
"I was supposed to give birth on August 19 but it was as if he knew something and had to come out on the third to join in the fun. I woke up on my birthday in the advanced stages of labour.
"They had tried to induce me the day before but it had not worked.
"When we took video footage of him in hospital I apologised on camera to any future children and told them that we did not do it on purpose and that they would be just as loved," she added.
The couple, of Rosebery Road, Ipswich, also got engaged on August 3.
"We were in Norwich on a shopping trip and Robert got down on one knee and proposed. But we decided to have the wedding on June 10 – August 3 would just have been too much."
The coincidence was so great when the couple met that Beverley forced Robert to show her his passport.
The couple are planning a huge birthday party next August for all three of them.
Beverley said: "August 3 is a very special and important day for us. Normally Robert and I go away for few days to be together but this year we will be celebrating and hoping that nothing else happens of August 3."