Man accused of assaulting police after burglaries
- Credit: ARCHANT
A man fought with police after using a metal bar to smash windows during burglaries at two Felixstowe jewellery shops on Christmas Day, it has been alleged.
Reece Tye, 21, of Winalls Yard, Norwich, denies two offences of burglary, possession of a knife in a public place and two offences of common assault on police officers.
Simon Ward, prosecuting, told Ipswich Crown Court on Monday May 13 that police received reports of a man smashing windows at Gorgeous Jewels and Boreham Christopher, which are next door to each other in Hamilton Road in Felixstowe, with a metal bar at about 11pm on Christmas Day 2017.
When police officers tried to restrain Tye he had allegedly pinched and bit a female police officer and punched a male officer to the side of the head.
An incapacitation spray was used on Tye but having gone to the ground he managed to get to his feet again, said Mr Ward.
You may also want to watch:
When Tye was arrested he was allegedly found in possession of a pocket knife.
The trial continues.
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 3 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 4 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 5 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 6 Teenage drug dealer carrying knuckleduster spared jail
- 7 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager
- 8 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 9 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 10 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park