Tributes paid to biker
EMOTIONAL tributes have been left on a social networking website created in memory of a motorbike enthusiast who was killed in a road accident.Darren Elmy, of Pashford Place, Ipswich, died in a double fatal crash on the B1054 near New England, Haverhill, along with Simon Philpot, from Bishop's Stortford.
EMOTIONAL tributes have been left on a social networking website created in memory of a motorbike enthusiast who was killed in a road accident.
Darren Elmy, of Pashford Place, Ipswich, died in a double fatal crash on the B1054 near New England, Haverhill, along with Simon Philpot, from Bishop's Stortford.
As a mark of respect, the 29-year-old's friends and former classmates at Holbrook High School have created a virtual book of condolence on popular internet site Facebook.
Craig Whiting wrote: “Gonna miss you Daz. They say the good die young and you were a really decent bloke.
“It was an honour to be your friend and team mate for Shotley Rangers, St Johns and Shotley Rose.”
Steve Shepherd wrote: “I met Darren about five years ago and the blond fluffy hair and the big grin will always stay with me. You will be missed.”
- 1 Ann Summers on the move in Ipswich
- 2 Boys, 15 and 16, arrested after man injured in machete attack in Ipswich
- 3 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 4 First look at new Arlingtons as venue reopening today
- 5 Mapped: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in June
- 6 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 7 Teenager from Felixstowe School sings at Olympic Park
- 8 Award winning Felixstowe family card shop turns 75
- 9 Customers in for 'real treat' when pub reopens after two years
- 10 How it unfolded, as Town pick up a 2-1 victory at Forest Green
Carl Holdsworth described Mr Elmy as a “nice guy” who was fun to be around.
He said: “He will be very sadly missed. I have known Darren for four years when he used to live at Helmingham Hall with his mum and dad. Rest in peace mate.”
Suzie Parsonson added: “Darren used to go out with my sister and he lived with us for a year or two.
“I loved having him as my big brother and used to feel so cool when he'd pick me up from school!
“He was such a nice guy, always trying to make people smile, and I will miss him dearly. My thoughts are with his family and with his many friends.
“RIP Darren Elmy - the biggest smile I've ever known.”
A 31-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested and has given a statement to police. He has been bailed to report to police in January 2008. Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact Pc Kevin Langford on 01376 330722.
Pay your tributes to Mr Elmy by writing to Your Letters, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email email@example.com