Tributes paid to Body Shop founder
TRIBUTES are being paid today to Body Shop founder Anita Roddick who has died suddenly from a brain haemorrhage.The 64-year-old died aged 64 at St Richard's Hospital in Chichester at 6.
TRIBUTES are being paid today to Body Shop founder Anita Roddick who has died suddenly from a brain haemorrhage.
The 64-year-old died aged 64 at St Richard's Hospital in Chichester at 6.30pm last night.
Her husband, Gordon, and daughters Sam and Justine were at her side.
In a statement, the family said Dame Anita had been admitted to the hospital's intensive care unit on Sunday evening. She collapsed after complaining of a sudden headache.
You may also want to watch:
Her sudden death brought emotional tributes from the many charities, organisations and individuals she had helped or worked with during her many years as a businesswoman, campaigner and activist.
Prime Minister, Gordon Brown led the tributes, calling Dame Anita one of this country's "true pioneers'.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
He said: "She campaigned for green issues for many years before it became fashionable to do so and inspired millions to the cause by bringing sustainable products to a mass market.'
"As one of this country's most successful businesswomen she was an inspiration to women throughout the country striving to set up and grow their own companies. She will be much missed and my thoughts are with her family and friends.”