Tributes paid to woodwork teacher
WELL-KNOWN Felixstowe resident Cyril Coult has died at the age of 88 after a short illness.Mr Coult, a widower, will be remembered by thousands of former pupils of Felixstowe Grammar School and later Deben High, where he taught woodwork for many years.
By Richard Cornwell
FORMER woodwork teacher Cyril Coult has died at the age of 88 after a short illness.
Mr Coult, a widower, will be remembered by thousands of former pupils of Felixstowe Grammar School and later Deben High, where he taught for many years.
He lived in Felixstowe for more than 60 years and was an active member of the Royal Navy Volunteer Reserve. He sailed from Felixstowe Ferry and also enjoyed horse riding from the Tollgate Livery Stables in Walton.
You may also want to watch:
During the late 1950s and early 1960s he was a member of the Felixstowe Amateur Dramatic and Operatic Society and was always a keen enthusiast of the stage and acting.
Former teaching colleague Veronica Sykes said: "Many people will be sad to hear of his death. He was a very active and busy man and enjoyed getting involved in things."
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
Mr Coult, of Garrison Lane, Felixstowe, died in Felixstowe General Hospital. A funeral service was being held today at Ipswich Crematorium North Chapel.