Tributes paid to woodwork teacher
WELL-KNOWN Felixstowe resident Cyril Coult has died at the age of 88 after a short illness.Mr Coult, a widower, will be remembered by thousands of former pupils of Felixstowe Grammar School and later Deben High, where he taught woodwork for many years.
By Richard Cornwell
FORMER woodwork teacher Cyril Coult has died at the age of 88 after a short illness.
Mr Coult, a widower, will be remembered by thousands of former pupils of Felixstowe Grammar School and later Deben High, where he taught for many years.
He lived in Felixstowe for more than 60 years and was an active member of the Royal Navy Volunteer Reserve. He sailed from Felixstowe Ferry and also enjoyed horse riding from the Tollgate Livery Stables in Walton.
You may also want to watch:
During the late 1950s and early 1960s he was a member of the Felixstowe Amateur Dramatic and Operatic Society and was always a keen enthusiast of the stage and acting.
Former teaching colleague Veronica Sykes said: "Many people will be sad to hear of his death. He was a very active and busy man and enjoyed getting involved in things."
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 3 CCTV issued after man 'spits' at women in central Ipswich
- 4 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 5 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 8 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
Mr Coult, of Garrison Lane, Felixstowe, died in Felixstowe General Hospital. A funeral service was being held today at Ipswich Crematorium North Chapel.