Tributes paid to woodwork teacher
WELL-KNOWN Felixstowe resident Cyril Coult has died at the age of 88 after a short illness.Mr Coult, a widower, will be remembered by thousands of former pupils of Felixstowe Grammar School and later Deben High, where he taught woodwork for many years.
By Richard Cornwell
FORMER woodwork teacher Cyril Coult has died at the age of 88 after a short illness.
Mr Coult, a widower, will be remembered by thousands of former pupils of Felixstowe Grammar School and later Deben High, where he taught for many years.
He lived in Felixstowe for more than 60 years and was an active member of the Royal Navy Volunteer Reserve. He sailed from Felixstowe Ferry and also enjoyed horse riding from the Tollgate Livery Stables in Walton.
During the late 1950s and early 1960s he was a member of the Felixstowe Amateur Dramatic and Operatic Society and was always a keen enthusiast of the stage and acting.
Former teaching colleague Veronica Sykes said: "Many people will be sad to hear of his death. He was a very active and busy man and enjoyed getting involved in things."
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 5 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 6 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 7 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
Mr Coult, of Garrison Lane, Felixstowe, died in Felixstowe General Hospital. A funeral service was being held today at Ipswich Crematorium North Chapel.