Trio released on bail over trouble which sparked armed police presence in Victoria Street, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been released on bail following trouble between two groups of men reportedly wielding glass bottles and a baseball bat in Victoria Street, Ipswich yesterday.
Armed police officers, a police helicopter and a police dog unit attended the scene at 4.30pm after reports of an altercation between the men who were seen shouting at each other and brandishing weapons.
Three men from Ipswich, two aged 18 and one aged 19, were later arrested on suspicion of causing affray and were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
This afternoone Charlotte Parker, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said the trio had been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
They must now return to the police investigation centre on December 30.
One eyewitness to the incident, who did not want to be named, said: “There were around eight to 10 policemen walking down Bramford Lane in a line.
“They were armed. They said not to worry, it was just a bit of trouble a few streets away.
- 1 Court orders Ipswich drug dealer to repay £63,000
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: the criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Fire crews and a boat called to rescue deer from water near Stoke Quay
- 4 Teenage girl followed twice by man in Ipswich
- 5 What roads will be closed for the Ipswich Twilight Race today?
- 6 Driver fined £100 after accidentally entering wrong date on car park app
- 7 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 8 'Funpark' coming to Ipswich over jubilee weekend
- 9 Travellers pitch up in Chantry Park
- 10 Plans for 115 homes in Suffolk village set for final approval after delay
“We looked and they had guns. It was pretty scary.”
Anyone with information should contact Dc Nicola Smith on 101, quoting reference number IC/14/4470, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.