TV presenter enjoys big day
A TELEVISION presenter was in front of the cameras again at the weekend, but this time she was definitely the star of the show.Karin Giannone, a presenter with Anglia Television, married Neil Rowbotom, the company's head of virtual design, in Norwich on Saturday.
A TELEVISION presenter was in front of the cameras again at the weekend, but this time she was definitely the star of the show.
Karin Giannone, a presenter with Anglia Television, married Neil Rowbotom, the company's head of virtual design, in Norwich on Saturday.
Karin, 28 joined Anglia Television as a graduate trainee journalist in 1997 and worked on the Anglia News programme for 15 months, taking on the role of weather presenter and environment correspondent in January 1999.
Later that year she landed a high-profile job as a sports presenter for Channel 4's Football Italia series and enjoyed a memorable season on the vibrant Italian soccer scene.
But Karin's main interest remained in news and she returned to Anglia Television in 2000 as a presenter and reporter.
Her father lives in Wickham Market, near Woodbridge, and is head of English at Framlingham College. Her mother is a family mediator with her own business in Cranbrook, Kent.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 5 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 6 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
Neil, 31, originally from Redditch in Worcestershire, is a graduate of Norwich School of Art and Design and has lived in the city since his student days.