Two charged after axe allegedly brandished in Ipswich close
Two men have been charged after an axe was allegedly brandished when court bailiffs went to a house on the outskirts of Ipswich.
The incident occurred in Sycamore Close, Pinewood, on August 21 at around 3.30pm.
Five people including a woman were subsequently arrested after a dispute was said to have broken out.
All those held in the days following the complaint were released on bail pending further enquiries.
Two of the men answered their bails on Monday and have now been charged.
One is accused of threatening behaviour. The other is accused of threatening behaviour and possession of hand-held axe.
Tim Cracknell, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary, said the pair will make their first appearances on the charges before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich on February 2.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
Careem Shah, 29, of Sycamore Close, Pinewood, is charged with threatening behaviour and possession of a weapon in public place.
Kyle Sharpe, 25, of Hall Pond Lane, Felixstowe, has been charged with threatening behaviour.
The other suspects still on bail were due to answer their bails late yesterday.
At the time of the incident police said it had been reported that four men where seen to have been involved in a dispute with three other men.
At least two of the group of four were said to have left the area in a separate vehicles.
Suffolk Constabulary said two of the men from the other group sustained minor injuries.
Armed officers and the police helicopter were despatched to the area.