Two dead after crash on Suffolk road
POLICE are today investigating the cause of a road crash which killed two men.The accident happened outside The Nurseries, in Stoke Road, Clare, just before 9.30pm last night.
POLICE are today investigating the cause of a road crash which killed two men.
The accident happened outside The Nurseries, in Stoke Road, Clare, just before 9.30pm last night when a Nissan left the road and collided with the wall of a house.
Fire crews were called just before 9.25pm with reports the car had burst into flames.
However when the crews attended they found the vehicle was not alight.
Both men in the car were pronounced dead at the scene. Police said they would not reveal the men's identities until next of kin have been informed.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said it was a homeowner who alerted emergency services.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 9 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
The crash brings the number of deaths on Suffolk's roads this year to 38, compared to 33 during the whole of last year.