Two dead in horror crash
TWO people have been killed in a road crash in a Suffolk village today, police have confirmed.
TWO people have been killed in a car crash in a Suffolk village today, police have confirmed.
Emergency services were called after three vehicles collided on the A134 at Barnham, near Thetford, at just after 3pm.
Police, fire and ambulance attended the scene to find one person in each vehicle heavily trapped.
You may also want to watch:
Hydraulic cutting gear was used by fire crews from Bury St Edmunds and Ixworth to free them, but police have confirmed two people have died.
A police spokeswoman said: “The female driver of one of the vehicles and the male driver of another were declared dead at the scene. The female driver of the third vehicle was in shock but uninjured.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 5 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 10 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
“The A134 is currently closed at the Barnham crossroads to the south and at Rymer Point to the north while an investigation is conducted. Traffic is being diverted back to Barnham towards Ixworth.”
Officers are currently informing next of kin, so formal identification of the deceased cannot yet take place. The road re-opened at 8.30pm.
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed this incident. Anyone with information is urged to call PC Roy Dade at the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.