Two people in Ipswich Hospital after stab attacks
- Credit: Archant
Police release more details about two seperate stabbing incidents overnight in Ipswich.
The first incident happened near Ipswich railway station when a man suffered injuries to his head and face.
Police and paramedics arrived and discovered a man aged in his 50s had sustained knife/slash wounds to the head.
He was taken to hospital for treatment, but his injuries are not life-threatening.
The man later told officers he was attacked around 11pm last night in Gippeswyk Park by three men and a woman, who stole his black Scott mountain bike and mobile phone.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men is described as black, aged 25-30 years-old, around 6ft 2in tall and believed to be wearing jogging bottoms and a t-shirt.
The woman is described as being white, aged in her mid 20s, around 5ft 6in tall and with blonde hair. He is not able to describe the two other men.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
Detectives believe this may have been a targeted attack. Anyone with information in relation to this is asked to contact South CID on 101 quoting reference 59069/18, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The second incident took place in Derby Close, off Cauldwell Hall Road.
Police were called at 4.55am to reports of public disorder in Derby Close.
When officers arrived they learned a dispute had taken place between two to three people known to each other inside a flat and then spilled out into a car park area, with those involved brandishing pieces of furniture and a glass bottle.
A 26-year-old man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of assault and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
A 36-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of affray and taken to hospital for treatment, where he remains under police guard. His injuries are not serious.
Any witnesses to this incident are asked to contact South CID on 101 quoting reference 59072/18.