Two more people arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Ipswich’s Ancaster Road
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of Dean Stansby in Ipswich have made two further arrests.
The 41-year-old was stabbed in the abdomen while in the Ancaster Road area of the town on February 8 and later died in hospital as a result of his injuries.
Today officers arrested a 33-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of murder and a 36-year-old man, also from Ipswich, on suspicion of assisting an offender.
Both have been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Five other people are currently on police bail pending further enquiries in connection with the stabbing.
Police are still keen to hear from anyone who was in the vicinity of Ancaster Road, Gippeswyk Road, Gippeswyk Avenue or Ranelagh Road on February 8 and who witnessed anything suspicious, particularly between the hours of 5pm and 8pm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team on 01473 782019 or 101 quoting reference 16720/17. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas