Two people rescued from burning yacht
LIFEBOAT crews rescued two people after a small electrical fire started in their yacht when it was moored off Walton-on-the-Naze.The electrical fire, in Titchmarsh Marina, started at around 7.
LIFEBOAT crews rescued two people after a small electrical fire started in their yacht when it was moored off Walton-on-the-Naze.
The electrical fire, in Titchmarsh Marina, started at around 7.30pm on Saturday and is thought to have been caused by a fault in the yacht's battery.
The man and the woman, both believed to be in their 40s, were rescued from the 36ft vessel, named Naylor, by crews from the Harwich Inshore Lifeboat and Walton-on-the-Naze Coastguard.
The couple, from Turpins Lane, Kirby Cross, were taken ashore and treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics, although they were not taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought they had been returning to the marina when the smoke alarm on their yacht sounded. It is then that they spotted the flames and called for assistance.
Two fire engines from Frinton attended the blaze and were able to access the vessel from the land.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
The majority of the flames were put out before the crews arrived, although two breathing apparatus wearers used one hose reel to damp down the yacht.
It is thought the flames have written off the yacht.