Undercover Ramsay tricks Delia
DESPITE Gordon Ramsay being one of the most recognisable men on TV, Delia Smith was unable to spot him in one of her classes.
SHE once famously rebuked him for his bad language.
But despite Gordon Ramsay being one of the most recognisable men on TV - as well as one of the loudest - Suffolk-based culinary queen Delia Smith was unable to spot him in one of her classes.
Wearing glasses and sporting darker, thinning hair, he became unrecognisable so he could pretend to be a punter at her Food and Wine Workshop at Norwich City Football Club.
You may also want to watch:
Delia, who lives near Stowmarket and is a majority shareholder at Norwich City, was left completely unaware that Ramsay was in her class.
The trick was one of “many surprises” promised when the chef returns to our screens tonightfor Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
For the show, he has gone undercover to infiltrate some of the nation's best-known celebrity chefs to find out what his rivals are up to.
Delia had previously ticked off Ramsey for his notorious foul-mouthed outbursts. “I like him when he does his recipes, but I'm not keen on his swearing,” she said.
Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live can be seen at 9pm on Channel 4.