Undercover Ramsay tricks Delia
DESPITE Gordon Ramsay being one of the most recognisable men on TV, Delia Smith was unable to spot him in one of her classes.
SHE once famously rebuked him for his bad language.
But despite Gordon Ramsay being one of the most recognisable men on TV - as well as one of the loudest - Suffolk-based culinary queen Delia Smith was unable to spot him in one of her classes.
Wearing glasses and sporting darker, thinning hair, he became unrecognisable so he could pretend to be a punter at her Food and Wine Workshop at Norwich City Football Club.
Delia, who lives near Stowmarket and is a majority shareholder at Norwich City, was left completely unaware that Ramsay was in her class.
The trick was one of “many surprises” promised when the chef returns to our screens tonightfor Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 5 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 6 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 7 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 8 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 9 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 10 Peregrine falcon put down after being illegally trapped and shot in Suffolk
For the show, he has gone undercover to infiltrate some of the nation's best-known celebrity chefs to find out what his rivals are up to.
Delia had previously ticked off Ramsey for his notorious foul-mouthed outbursts. “I like him when he does his recipes, but I'm not keen on his swearing,” she said.
Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live can be seen at 9pm on Channel 4.