Up, up and away to help hearing
THOUSANDS of balloons are to be launched over Suffolk to raise money for the deaf and hard of hearing.The sky will stream with colour around Hintlesham Golf Club when the balloons are released on Thursday.
THOUSANDS of balloons are to be launched over Suffolk to raise money for the deaf and hard of hearing.
The sky will stream with colour around Hintlesham Golf Club when the balloons are released on Thursday. Tickets are being sold to Lloyds Bank customers and attached to the balloons – and the holder of the ticket found furthest from the launch site will win £250.
There will be second and third prizes of £100 and £50. The finder of the ticket furthest from the launch site will also win a prize, encouraging finders to return tickets to the address printed on the back by October 31.
Lloyds TSB selected the Royal National Institute for Deaf People as its charity of the year for 2002 and is aiming to raise £500,000 for their information line and Tinnitus helpline.
You may also want to watch:
The balloons will be released from Hintlesham Golf Club at 6pm on Thursday.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 9 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 10 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate