Update: Cyclist suffers broken bones after crash in the Ipswich area of Rushmere Road and Humber Doucy Lane
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has suffered broken bones after a crash in Ipswich earlier this morning.
The man, in his 20s, was involved in a smash with a grey Toyota in the Ipswich area of Rushmere Road and Humber Doucy Lane at around 9.30am.
Fears that the injuries could have been life threatening have since been allayed.
An air ambulance was called, but the patient was taken by road to Ipswich Hospital.
Police had closed the road but it has since reopened.
You may also want to watch:
The Toyota driver is reportedly unhurt.
Police had originally been told the injured man was riding a motorcycle but it has since been confirmed he was on a push bike.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 6 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high