Update: Police searching for man who fell from Orwell Bridge issue picture of Nike shoes left at scene
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued pictures of the blue Nike shoes left on the Orwell Bridge by a man seen falling from it.
Extensive searches by Suffolk police and the coastguard have so far failed to find the man.
Police were called at about 11.30am Wednesday after a concerned motorist reported a distressed man seen looking over the side of the Orwell Bridge.
Police attended to the scene where the man was seen to jump from the bridge.
The man, believed to be aged 25 to 30-years-old, left his blue Nike Air trainers at the scene.
The coastguard led extensive searches for the man, with the help of police officers and the police helicopter, but were unable to find him.
Police are now appealing for help from members of the public who witnessed the incident, or may have any information regarding the missing person.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
- 7 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 8 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 9 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 10 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
He is described as white, with short dark hair, wearing glasses, grey tracksuit bottoms and a white t-shirt.
Superintendent Andrew Mason said: “Although it is somewhat unprecedented to issue an appeal such as this, we have grave concerns that a man was seen jumping from the Orwell Bridge, he hasn’t been located and we haven’t had someone matching his description reported as missing to us.
“We are very keen to hear from anyone who may have information about this man to contact us, we hope by releasing a photograph of the trainers that were left at the location where the man jumped, someone may be able to help us with our enquiries.”
Anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 131 of 26/11/14.