UPDATE: Second arrest after man found with life-threatening injuries after Ipswich assault
Two men, 34 and 35, from Ipswich have been arrested in relation to an incident of assault GBH in the town.
Police were called by the ambulance service around 10pm last night (August 7) to Wellington Court, to reports of a man found at the bottom of a communal stairwell with life-threatening injuries.
Officers attended the scene, just off Wellington Street, and arrested a 34-year-old man on suspicion of assault GBH with intent, who is currently being held at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The victim, a 36-year-old male, is in a critical condition in Addenbrookes Hospital with injuries to his head.
The scene has been removed and police arrested a 35-year-old man from Ipswich earlier today (August 8).
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call Ipswich CID on 101 quoting reference IC/15/3521.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 4 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season