Update: Stab victim in stable condition after attack near Ipswich Crown Court
A TEENAGER is in a stable condition in hospital after allegedly being stabbed near Ipswich Crown Court.
Police said the 18-year-old man suffered a “puncture wound to his back” in Russell Road around 4.30pm yesterday.
Two men were arrested close to the scene and both remain at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
An 18-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled drug and a 19-year-old man from Martlesham Heath was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply and possession of an offensive weapon.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Police would like to reassure members of the public that the incident is being fully investigated. From initial enquiries it is believed to have been part of a dispute between parties who are known to each other.”
Anyone with further information is asked to call Ipswich CID on 101.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 8 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 9 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days