Update: Teenager bailed after stabbing in Pickwick Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A teenager arrested by police investigating a stabbing in Ipswich was released on bail on Thursday evening.
Police were called to Pickwick Road at the junction with Dickens Road following reports a man had been stabbed at 10.15pm on Wednesday.
A 17-year-old boy from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm in connection with the stabbing.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre (PIC) for questioning. A police spokesman said the teenager was released on bail on Thursday evening and is due to return to Martlesham PIC on March 23.
The alleged stabbing victim, a man in his 30s, was taken to Ipswich Hospital to receive treatment for potentially life-changing injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses are asked to call police on 101 quoting reference CAD 391 of February 3.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 8 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 9 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol