V Festival: Tulisa Contostavlos, the former X-Factor judge and singer with N-Dubz, is found guilty of assault at music festival
- Credit: PA
Former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been convicted of assaulting a celebrity blogger at a music festival.
The N-Dubz star, 26, hit Savvas Morgan during an altercation at V Festival in Essex.
She was found guilty by a judge at Stratford Magistrates’ Court today.
Her assistant, Gareth Varey, was cleared of using threatening behaviour during the incident in August last year.
After being convicted of the assault, Contostavlos was ordered to pay a total of £3,020.
You may also want to watch:
This consisted of a £2,700 contribution towards the cost of the prosecution, a £200 fine, £100 compensation to Mr Morgan and a £20 victim surcharge.
Earlier this week, a trial against Contostavlos collapsed at Southwark Crown Court after the judge said there were “strong grounds” to believe that undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood - known as the fake sheikh - had lied on the witness stand.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol