Video: Boss of businesses involved in major Hadleigh Lady Lane Industrial Estate blaze praises firefighters
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
The boss of a firm which suffered a devastating fire has said he hopes the business will be able to operate again tomorrow.
A total of 70 firefighters were called to the Lady Lane Industrial Estate in Hadleigh after a major fire ripped through a premises of Challs International Ltd and Primo Manufacturing Ltd.
The crews stopped 20 tonnes of household chemicals being involved in a warehouse but the fire still destroyed office and production line areas.
Graham Burchell, managing director, said he hopes the production line can be restarted at the firms’ other sites on the industrial estate tomorrow.
He added that he wished to thank the “skilled” fire crews for getting the blaze under control.
You may also want to watch:
The firms employ 45 people on the estate but no-one was in the building when the fire took hold.
An onlooker described the rising thick black smoke as like a “bomb had gone off”.
For the full story click here.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich