Video: Delays as roads flooded in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Drivers may face delays getting around Ipswich this morning due to flooding on the town’s roads.
Heavy showers have meant the roads have become difficult to pass.
Hollywells Road was one road drivers were facing difficulty getting through, with some attempting to pass through the flood, which covered both sides of the road.
Other drivers opted to find an alternative route.
A spokesman for Suffolk police believed the incident in Landseer Road might be a manhole cover that had come up.
You may also want to watch:
They added there was the odd bit of localised flooding but nothing out of the ordinary as of yet, and said the water should drain away shortly.
Other roads affected are Landseer Road, Norwich Road, and the entry slip road on the A12 at Capel St Mary, junction 32A.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer