Watch: Video shows huge straw blaze in Tattingstone
A huge fire broke out in two piles of straw in field near Tattingstone overnight.
Matt Suttle was on his way to buy fuel for his car when he spotted the blaze and captured it on camera.
“I decided to get some diesel. I just thought I would go and have a look,” said Mr Suttle.
Mr Suttle captured the fire shortly after 10.30pm on Sunday, around and hour and a half after fire crews were called to the scene.
He said that two piles of straw, fairly close to each other, were ablaze when he went out to look.
“It was the biggest fire I have ever seen,” said Mr Suttle.
A spokesman from Suffolk Fire and Rescue said that they sent two engines to the fire from Ipswich East and Princes Street. The fires have since been allowed to burn out in a controlled manner.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 9 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 10 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
One engine still remains on site from Ipswich East.