Violent patients will be banned
VIOLENT patients are to be refused hospital treatment if they continue to abuse and assault staff.Under a zero tolerance regime now operating at Ipswich Hospital, patients who assault those caring for them are being taken to court.
By Jessica Nicholls
VIOLENT patients are to be refused hospital treatment if they continue to abuse and assault staff.
Under a zero tolerance regime now operating at Ipswich Hospital, patients who assault those caring for them are being taken to court.
Although there has not been a rise in attacks on hospital staff, the number of court cases against attackers is increasing.
You may also want to watch:
The new security scheme is being launched at the hospital this month in a bid to get staff to report any assaults on them and to let patients know any form of violence or disturbance will not be tolerated in the hospital.
See tonight's Evening Star for full story…
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 6 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 7 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 8 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 9 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home