Violent patients will be banned
VIOLENT patients are to be refused hospital treatment if they continue to abuse and assault staff.Under a zero tolerance regime now operating at Ipswich Hospital, patients who assault those caring for them are being taken to court.
By Jessica Nicholls
VIOLENT patients are to be refused hospital treatment if they continue to abuse and assault staff.
Under a zero tolerance regime now operating at Ipswich Hospital, patients who assault those caring for them are being taken to court.
Although there has not been a rise in attacks on hospital staff, the number of court cases against attackers is increasing.
You may also want to watch:
The new security scheme is being launched at the hospital this month in a bid to get staff to report any assaults on them and to let patients know any form of violence or disturbance will not be tolerated in the hospital.
See tonight's Evening Star for full story…
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 New special school planned for former BT site
- 5 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 8 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 9 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 10 12 flats could be built at former offices