Viva la vodka revolution!
IPSWICH: The country’s leading chain of vodka-themed bars is pouring �1.4m into a new town centre venture.
Revolution will open a new bar at the former Pals premises in Dogs Head Street, handing Ipswich’s economy a major boost.
Up to 54 jobs are expected to be created by the bar’s arrival in late September.
“Ipswich has been one of our targets for many years and this opportunity came about and the landlord was keen to have us into the unit,” said Godfrey Russell, development and acquisitions manager of Inventive Leisure, the company behind Revolution vodka bars.
“We’re very excited about it.
“Pals was a successful operation but it was tired and in desperate need of investment and that’s why the landlord approached our company.”
The company is lavishing �1.4m on a complete refurbishment of the two-floor premises, which has been empty since Pals closed in April. As well as a vodka bar, the refit will see the installation of a Cuban-themed rum bar.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 6 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 7 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 10 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
“It will hopefully create a great ambience for our customers,” added Mr Russell.
“There will also be dining throughout the premises but there will be a separate dining area. Food is very important so it will be more of a focus.”
Ipswich Central’s Richard Turner, said: “We are pleased to welcome Revolution vodka bar to Ipswich. It was only a matter of time before someone signed on the dotted line as the venue was a prime location for an evening economy focused business.”
Revolution has around 60 bars nationwide.
n Are you pleased at Revolution’s arrival in Ipswich? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org