Vox-pop: People continue in their drive to keep New Year resolutions
THOUSANDS of people across the county will today be continuing in their drive to keep their New Year’s resolution.
From stopping smoking and drinking, through to spending more time with family and friends, there are a number of things that people want to change as 2013 gets under way.
The Ipswich Star went out on the streets to find out what your resolutions are for this year.
Andrew Davey, of Grundisburgh, said: “My New Year’s resolution is not to drink alcohol.
“I’m still smoking but you have got to do it one at a time.”
You may also want to watch:
Rory Collins, of Woodbridge, added: “My resolution is to get fit so I can do the Tough Guy Challenge. I’m in the army so getting fit is important.”
Dan Storey-Joyce, of Woodbridge, said: “My resolution is to stop smoking.”
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Keegan Baker, of Capel St Mary, has not made a resolution this year.
He said: “I never stick with them, it is just hard really. For the last two years, my resolution has been to quit smoking, but it doesn’t happen.”
Luke Preston, of Kesgrave, said: “It would have been to quit smoking, but I did that in October for Stoptober.
“I suppose it would be just to keep quitting this year.”
And for Angela Merry, of Rushmere St Andrew, her aim is to not drink in January.
She added: “I thought that a month without drinking would be good.”
? Tell us your New Year’s resolutions – e-mail email@example.com