Vox-pop: People continue in their drive to keep New Year resolutions
THOUSANDS of people across the county will today be continuing in their drive to keep their New Year’s resolution.
From stopping smoking and drinking, through to spending more time with family and friends, there are a number of things that people want to change as 2013 gets under way.
The Ipswich Star went out on the streets to find out what your resolutions are for this year.
Andrew Davey, of Grundisburgh, said: “My New Year’s resolution is not to drink alcohol.
“I’m still smoking but you have got to do it one at a time.”
Rory Collins, of Woodbridge, added: “My resolution is to get fit so I can do the Tough Guy Challenge. I’m in the army so getting fit is important.”
Dan Storey-Joyce, of Woodbridge, said: “My resolution is to stop smoking.”
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 3 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 6 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 7 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 8 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
- 9 GALLERY: 14 pictures from the Ipswich Twilight Races 2022
- 10 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
Keegan Baker, of Capel St Mary, has not made a resolution this year.
He said: “I never stick with them, it is just hard really. For the last two years, my resolution has been to quit smoking, but it doesn’t happen.”
Luke Preston, of Kesgrave, said: “It would have been to quit smoking, but I did that in October for Stoptober.
“I suppose it would be just to keep quitting this year.”
And for Angela Merry, of Rushmere St Andrew, her aim is to not drink in January.
She added: “I thought that a month without drinking would be good.”
? Tell us your New Year’s resolutions – e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org