What was the Walton Whiff?
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Residents in Walton near Felixstowe have been complaining of a strong chemical smell so strong they had to close their windows.
People caught a whiff of the stench on Tuesday, October 8 and described it as smelling of chemicals.
Some had taken to Facebook to share fears it may have been related to a chemical spill the day before at a warehouse near the Port of Felixstowe, when five leaking 200-litre shipping containers prompted the evacuation of the site.
One person even complained of the smell being so bad it was making her feel sick.
But East Suffolk Council's environmental health team say there was nothing sinister behind the smell.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the council said: "We have received one complaint and having investigated, are confident it is agricultural spreading."
Is the smell still affecting you? Get in touch here
- 1 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 2 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 3 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 4 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 5 Car rental business set to bring jobs boost
- 6 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 7 Return of live music to continue with one-day Ipswich festival
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: Drug courier and teenage burglar put behind bars
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water