Warning about bus services
IPSWICH'S main bus company today warned of a summer of disruption caused by roadworks in the town.Woodbridge Road is closed from Monday which will lead to problems on services to the east of the town.
IPSWICH'S main bus company today warned of a summer of disruption caused by road works in the town.
Woodbridge Road is closed from Monday which will lead to problems on services in the east of the town.
Services 2, 11 and 22 will operate from Tower Ramparts bus station, Ipswich town centre via Tuddenham Road, although their inbound journey will not be affected.
In addition with the closure of Upper Brook Street due to gas main works, services 2, 12, 16 and 19 will not operate around the town centre.
Ipswich Buses is advising passengers to board and alight from their services at Tower Ramparts bus station wherever possible.
Managing director Malcolm Robson said: “The summer of major road works will cause severe disruption to our services.
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 3 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 4 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 5 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 6 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 7 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 8 Aging gas main replacement works begin around Ipswich
- 9 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 10 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
“We will endeavour to ensure that as few people as possible are inconvenienced by these changes, but in the circumstances I would advise everybody to board their outward journeys at Tower Ramparts bus station during this period.”