Warning after drugs death
DRUGS takers have been warned by a Suffolk coroner that they just do not know what they are taking.His warning came following the inquest into the death of 36-year-old Timothy Harbour.
DRUGS takers have been warned by a Suffolk coroner that they just do not know what they are taking.
His warning came following the inquest into the death of 36-year-old Timothy Harbour. Mr Harbour, a heroin addict for 15 years, was found dead by his mother Kathleen on October 7.
Greater Suffolk Coroner Dr Peter Dean recorded a verdict of accidental death and warned other users about the perils of drugs following Mr Harbour's overdose.
The inquest at Suffolk County Hall today heard how Mr Harbour, from Clifton Wood, in Holbrook, had a concoction of drugs in his stomach.
You may also want to watch:
Toxicologists found methadone, heroine and cocaine in his system. Doctor Dean said that the message needed to be got across that people just do not know what they are buying from dealers and death can be the result.
He said: "There seems to be nothing out of the ordinary in Timothy's behaviour that day. It seems to be a tragic accident following the taking of drugs. I cannot emphasise enough the extreme dangers of drugs use."
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 6 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 7 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 8 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 9 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 10 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
In a statement to the court Mr Harbour's mother Kathleen told how her son had tried to come off heroine several times but had failed. She said the day before he died he had been up earlier than normal speaking to his 14-year-old nephew about his computer hobby and wood carving.
He went out around midnight and came in at around 2am.
The next morning Mrs Harbour went out and on her return took her son some lunch to his room at around 2.30pm.
The statement read: "His music was on and his bedroom was still on, which was strange. I realised something was wrong. When I went in the duvet was up around him and his head was covered."
It was from her nurse training that Mrs Harbour realised her son was dead. The police were called and an investigation began but the people who sold the drugs to Mr Harbour have yet to be found.